Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Philippines

Departing Nagoya on our way to Manila via Taipei
Arriving in Manila
R & R day at a beach in Batangas province. I was the only one who went for a swim. 
We were working on a large building site designed to house 
4000 families to be relocated from along the Pasig River in Manila.
These are some of the kids whose families had already moved in to the completed phase 1.
 Farewell party song and dance
Our guide/fixer Ving and some of the girls
It was a 30 minute ride in this jeepney from our hotel to the worksite
Me pretending to drive a jeepney. 
Considering the traffic we saw I don't think it's a job I'd enjoy.
Every night we were taken to a different wonderful restaurant.  
Hard at work building the walls.  We completed about 4 houses in a week.
I had only brought shorts with me and had to buy some pants 
to comply with the foreman's "no short pants on the job-site" rule

No comments:

Post a Comment